The online registration is now available. You can register by accessing the DSISD calendar, "Register for Workshops" link at http://ge.dsisd.net/workshops/register.asp
. Once you have registered, your next step is to download the 21 Things Coursepack that will provide you with all of the information regarding the course including the NET-S, course goal, syllabus, suggested course timeline and much more.
Accessing the Course Materials
The 21 Things Coursepack will provide you with all of the course information, including the syllabus, timeline, grading, etc.The coursework will be found on the website "21 Things for the 21st Century Educator." Click on the "21 Things" logo to get to the website.
To access the live virtual session link and the virtual session recordings, select the "Virtual Sessions" link on the left.
For those of you who are working toward SB-CEUs or Grad Credit, in the sections below you will be able to download a complete list of assignments as well as a copy of the 21 Things portfolio worksheet needed to complete your work.
The course will run from January 24, 2012 to May 4, 2012.
All portfolio materials must be submitted by May 4, 2012.
Requirement for SB-CEUs
1. For participants from all school districts and service agencies, register at: http://ge.dsisd.net/workshops/register.asp
2. You must record the time you spend on the 21things course on the log included in the 21 Things Coursepack. Click here
to download that Coursepack.
3. Download, complete and submit a Portfolio for each of the 21 things. This will include screen shots and reflections of each of the 21 things. The Hands-On Activities and Assignments are found at the bottom of each web page. We have provided a compiled list for your convenience. This combination of your Portfolio Worksheets and Hands-On Activities and Assignments constitute a portfolio that will be used to document your successful completion.
4. Complete the Pre-Survey and Follow-up Evaluation and submit it.
5. Upon completion of the portfolio/assignments, email your document(s) to your instructor. Please make the subject line say: 21 Things Portfolio Submission.
You may choose to pay for 4 graduate credits from Northern Michigan University. Please be sure to check with your current University for transferring of credits prior to this class.
Northern Michigan UniversityGraduate Students
If you have never taken a graduate
course at NMU, you will need to complete a Graduate Application for Admission. You may apply on line at: http://www.nmu.edu/graduate_studies/ (Click on “How to Apply”) or call the Graduate Studies office at 906-227-2300.
Graduate students do not pay an application fee until they register for a major. When they take that step, the application fee is $50.00.
To Register (ONCE YOU ARE ADMITTED)
You may apply on line at: www.my.nmu.edu
. First time users will need to find their Username
and create a password. This can be done by clicking on the tab “MyUser
,” and selecting the “New User
” line. You can also register over the phone by calling the Student Services Center at (906)227-1221.
Students must register within 7 days after the first class meeting.
900-numbered courses are not applicable to plans of study leading to provisional certificates, endorsements, nor to M.A.E., M.A., or M.S. degree programs. Six credits of 900-level courses are applicable to the 18 semester credit requirement for the Michigan Professional Education Certificate. For a renewal of the Michigan Professional Education Certificate, which is required each five years with documentation of 6 semester credits within the last 5 years, the teacher/administrator may use 6 credits of 900-level courses.
Refund Policy for Extension Courses:
Classes with only one session must be dropped by the Friday prior to the first session to receive a 100% refund. If an individual attends the class, subsequently registers for credit and later requests a refund, the refund request will be denied. For multiple-session classes, a 100% refund will be made before the second class session. After the second class session, no refund is given.